Translate

Sunday 8 April 2012

Easter Treasure Hunt..is closed. Winners to be announced on Sunday 15th

appearing here soon.  It's half past midnight and I've only just finished beading my piece so I will post the full hunt in the morning.

My stitching time didn't start until 10.30 because I had to make a real egg hunt for the Large Boy complete with clues!

Watch this space...


Card made by The Large Boy, note the egg and cross graphics in the top letters

Still watching?  Here it is:

All you have to do is visit each of these blogs in order, note down the letter above the Easter / Spring themed pic and remember the short phrase they make up.  Come back here for the last letter and leave a comment saying what the phrase is.  I will select one person at random to win a small stitched prize.  I will also randomly select one of the Picture Posters to win a stitched prize too.

The trail starts here with:

Nia of Caixinha de Pirlimpimpim then onto
McKenna of Chic Crafting (or should that be "chick crafting" for Easter?)
Measi and Measi's Musings
Heather says It's Geek to Me
Mel writes The Daily Mel
C in DC of Pencil Crossings
Christine in The Alchymyst's Study
Anna the Stitch Bitch
Gracie of Needles, Pins and Dragonflies (Madame Muriel's new host, I wonder if she's there yet)
Shirlee is The Easily Influenced Stitcher
Beth of Beth's Blog
Deb is The Thread Gatherer
Mouse writes her Tales of a Stitching Mouse and then finally back to
Me! Phew!

Here's the final picture of the hunt:

Y

This is Dewdrop by Just Nan, mounted on a scrapbook page with the ribbon Jan wrapped the parcel in.
Last year Jan admired my Little Red Xmas House so I sent her the chart.  She thanked me by adding another chart to my Just-Nan-a-thon!  Perfect for this Easter Hunt.
Stitched on 28count evenweave with several substituted colours including the rabbit's browns.  I blended two browns to make his fur.  I also used variegated greens for the border.  I'm pleased with the way the beads have caught the light in this photo, makes staying up late to stitch them worth the time!


And Finally, Happy Birthday Susan in your Yellow Flower Meadow:
I've been stitching the WOCS' Flower of the Month series for the Birthday club on Needlecraft Haven but we didn't have an April Birthday so I asked for volunteers among my followers.  Susan obliged and received a Daisy for April.  This time I coloured in the background using my pens rather than the flower, making an assisi style card.  Needlecraft Haven have covered the next few months but I have a space for August so if you're an August Baby then let me know!

Happy Hunting!

43 comments:

dulcinella said...

Just have been trying to hunt treasure, but then guessed I just was a bit too eagerly:-) but tomorrow I'll be back! happy easter

Kaisievic said...

Sounds like fun! Sorry I missed joining in but too hard whilst on my travels. Back home yesterday, though - lots of blogging to catch up on, though. Happy Easter,

hugs, Kaye xoxox

Christine said...

Just about to put my post up. Happy Blogoversary!

♥ Nia said...

___♥♥♥
__♥♥_♥♥
_♥♥___♥♥
_♥♥___♥♥_________♥♥♥♥
_♥♥___♥♥_______♥♥___♥♥♥♥
_♥♥__♥♥_______♥___♥♥___♥♥
__♥♥__♥______♥__♥♥__♥♥♥__♥♥
___♥♥__♥____♥__♥♥_____♥♥__♥_____
____♥♥_♥♥__♥♥_♥♥________♥♥
____♥♥___♥♥__♥♥
___♥___________♥
__♥_____________♥
_♥____♥_____♥____♥
_♥____/___@__\\___♥
_♥____\\__/♥\\__/___♥
___♥_____W_____♥
_____♥♥_____♥♥
_______♥♥♥♥♥

Sweet Easter to you :)

gracie said...

I visited all and think it is Chocolate Bunny! Is it??? I think I am the first to guess.....

Ana said...

What a lovely blog you have here. Happy Easter!

Ana

Vickie said...

Hooray for chocolate bunny! I am ashamed to admit I worked on one last week and ate the whole thing as of yesterday! tee hee A happy, Blessed Easter to you!

Deb said...

I think that the solution to the puzzle is "Chocolate Bunny".

Shirlee said...

Okay Jo ... I was worried that my comment was going to show up since I saw a few posted ... lol! A very Happy Blogaversary to you & a very Happy Easter as well! Not everyone has posted yet but I know the phrase! It is CHOCOLATE BUNNY : ) Very cute! Are you enjoying another one of those huge chocolate eggs? If so, I wish I was there to help you eat it : )

Christine said...

I'm back! Love the JN bunny finish.
There are three clues not up yet, but cunning wordsmith that I am, I think I'm safe to say the mystery phrase is "Chocolate Bunny". Unless, of course, it is "Cricolate Funny", in which case I said it first ;D

Lelia said...

Happy Easter

C H O C O L A T E
B U N N Y

What fun, I enjoyed the hunt + blog hop : )

WoolenSails said...

Well, once someone guess it, then everyone will know, lol. Some of the sites did not have a letter yet, but I figured it out, Chocolate Bunny.

Debbie

Maggee said...

the phrase is 'chocolate bunny'! What fun! Going to go back and read more on some blogs and comment now! Happy Easter across the water! Hugs!

Fiona said...

Just became a follower via Beth's Blog. Hope you have a good Easter.

Mouse said...

Happy Easter :)
I have cracked the code ..lol
Happy Blogaverseary too ... *passes large slice of cake to Jo ;)
love mouse xxxxx



chocolate Bunny :)

CATHI said...

Hello Jo, this is a funny Easter treasure hunt! The word that you would like to hear / or read / is "chocolate bunny". :o)

Happy Easter

Cathi

Blu said...

What a fun (and calorie free) Easter hunt! Thanks for one that I could do from my couch LOL

The phrase is Chocolate Bunny.

Linda said...

Hi Jo. What a fun idea and a neat way to find new blogs. My answer is: chocolate bunny

Thanks, Linda

DebbieSFL said...

chocolate bunny

Minnie said...

I think I have the phrase, is it "Chocolate Bunny"?

Minnie said...

I almost forgot to wish you a Happy Easter and Happy Blogaversary!!

Nancy said...

Happy Blogoversary!! Love the birthday card for Susan!!

Nancy said...

Since I did one comment that you can post, I will do the second one that you can hold. The treasure hunt phrase is Chocolate Bunny!!!! It was fun. I left messages on all of the blogs and I am going to go back now and become followers of the ones that I don't already follow. Including yours. It was so nice to meet you during your fun little hunt. Looking forward to reading your blog now that I will be a follower. Happy Easter!!!

Joanne said...

Hello,

This was so much fun, thank you for organizing a Treasure Hunt; I believe the phrase is CHOCOLATE BUNNY

I hope you are having a Happy Easter!

Joanne
jcleuci63@comcast.net

katica said...

Happy Easter! How fun, a treasure hunt!!! what a fantastic idea, I had lots of fun going around to the different blogs to find the letters! Thank you so much for doing this fun treat!

The phrase is Chocolate bunny

Ewa said...

Happy Easter, Jo :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Jo the answer is Chocolate Bunny!!!!

Nic said...

Hi Jo - thanks for doing this Easter Treasure Hunt it was a fun way to find some new blogs I haven't read before. The phrase is "Chocolate Bunny"

Melissa said...

It was so much fun going through all the photo poster blogs and seeing all the fun Spring/Easter photos! One of the letters hasn't been posted yet, but it looks like the treasure hunt phase must be Chocolate Bunny.

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Easter Jo.

Carol said...

That was fu. Going from one blog to the other gathering a letter for the word: Chocolate Bunny.

lynda said...

Chocolate bunny! One of my raves!

dulcinella said...

The profile picture tells you all:-) with a thank you this Lizzie Kate for this one.

geeky Heather said...

CHOCOLATE BUNNY! You had me at CHOC, LOL! =) Fabulous. Another great blog hop!! Happy Easter to you and Happy Bloggiversary, Blogoversary, Blogaversary, or however you spell it! ;)

Daybake said...

The phrase is "Chocolate Bunny". This was so fun! Happy Easter!! Well it's still Easter in my neck of the woods for 3 more minutes!!

♥ Nia said...

I hope you had a lovely Easter :)
I know! I know the words! Chocolate bunny :p hehehe
Beautiful bunny by Just Nan. And congrats to your friend! :D
Hugs&Smiles

Tamra said...

What a fun thing to do! Loved all the blogs and their stitching. The answer is Chocolate Bunny!

I hope you and yours had a wonderful Easter.

Newfie Princess

Unknown said...

What a cute piece.

Thanks for sponsoring the hunt. The phrase is Chocolate Bunny! Yummy.

Erica said...

Happy Easter!

I sure do love finding a 'Chocolate Bunny' in my easter basket! :-)

McKenna C. said...

Oh I figured it out! I'm so excited!! The answer is "Chocolate Bunny." Thanks for the wonderful giveaway! I had a blast! :D

~McKenna

Mary said...

Hi Jo, I am a new follower and look forward to following your lovely blog and getting to know you. I also welcome you to stop by my blog for a visit anytime http://Marmmiesmammysandmore.blogspot.com. I would also like to take part into your egg hunt if I may...My word for the hunt is
"CHOCOLATE BUNNY"
I love how your bunny stitchery came out...really awesome!
Wishing you a wonderful week.
Hugs Mary

Ehren said...

CHOCOLATEBUNNY !
Happy Easter Jo..
Hope u had a lovely one

Anne said...

What's the answeR?!!!LOL! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!