Translate

Sunday 15 December 2013

Theme-a-licious December Update


Theme-a-licious is hosted by Heather of It's Geek to Me

Each month Heather thinks up a theme for us to stitch to, or in my case, a theme to somehow shoe-horn my existing stitching into, no matter how tenuous the link!

This was the theme for December:

Detritus December
It's the end of the year...are there some projects you thought you'd have done by now? Let's take a walk down memory lane and start the new year with a clean plate.

Thankfully this is an easy one to stitch to theme!!

So far this month I have completed a Giveaway which I can't show yet, a Dragon Dreams Birthday card which I can, a Dragonlet a Drumming which I'm saving for WIPocalypse, Gandalf for the Hobbit Challenge and the final part of The Little Stitcher Advent.  Not bad for a fortnight!  I also stitched the words Happy Birthday on some aida but I am not counting that as a Finish!

Pictures:

Dragon Dreams freebie available on their FB page only.

 
Gandalf from Pixel Power
This was stitched on a piece of 28 count evenweave from a Crafty Kitten grab bag.

For those of you who wondered, the runes spell out Gandalf's speech while facing the Balrog on the bridge in the Mines of Moria - "You cannot pass.  I am a servant of the Secret Fire, Wielder of the Flame of Anor.  The Dark Fire will not avail you Flame of Udun.  Go back to the shadow. L.O.T.R."

Final four days of The Little Stitcher Fairy Tale Advent.

I stitched this over 1 on 32 count Vintage Grain linen.  I have enough left to stitch two of the Winter Wood ornies I have and also this lovely design:

The Twelve Days of Christmas - Cross Stitch Patterns - BOOKLET Version

The plan is to stitch one a month starting in January 2014.  Anyone care to join us?

You can buy the charts either as PDFs or as a paper booklet from The Little Stitcher's Etsy shop.  Click picture for link.

Finally, the Advent Calendar Blog Hop is ticking away nicely, don't forget to pop in every day and leave a comment on the blogs you visit.  I'm tending to update it in the evening when I get home as I'm working alot and hubby is monopolising the computer muttering about "end of year accounts".






5 comments:

Vickie said...

Great stuff Jo!
Did ya see the movie yet? Huh? Did ya? Did ya? It was GREAT!!

Lili said...

Lovely stitching!!
Maybe I will join you!
I would love to make a Christmas ornament every month...It looks that the membership for the ornaments for Christmas is closed (the Halloween sister blog...)
I just need to make my stitching plans for 2014 and I will tell you something.

(Thanks for your reply to my last comment - the border is amazing)

Hugs,
Lili

Christine said...

Another very productive month Jo, I haven't stitched anything in weeks!

geeky Heather said...

You are a finishing machine!!! Thanks for giving the translation of the runes...I was too lazy to look it up! :)

Shebafudge said...

I am trying to resist...go away woman! They are gorgeous designs and I was hoping Colin was going to get them for me for Christmas...but he failed! Well he didn't as he got me lots of other lovely bits and pieces.