Translate

Saturday 24 January 2015

Days 20 to 23 of the DUCJC 2015

The DUCJC is being held this year in memory of SoCal Debbie and I am attempting to stitch on 31 different projects throughout January.  A mixture of WIPs and new starts.

This week was a busy week at work so I chose three of my WIPs to stitch on those three days.

Day 20 - Jannlynn - Gathering Honey:

Stitched on 28 count linen.
I stitched more of the green in the bottom two blocks and some more backstitch.
I think I can start adding some flowers next time!

Day 21 - Joan Elliott - Faces SAL:

Stitched on 28count Snapdragon evenweave by Crafty Kitten
This will be a fairy eventually!

Day 22 - Just Nan - Winter Typography:

Stitched on 32 count lilac linen.
I stitched the mittens, the bunny, the scarf and some of the pink in the border.

Day 23 - Stitcher Anon - Marley was Dead:

Stitched over 1 on 28count Platinum linen.
A new start at last!

Only a week to go on this challenge.  I have found it easier than I thought.  Some of the pieces have been very hard to put down but being able to start a long-awaited design has made it easier.  I am hoping to finish all the obligation stitching and most of the smalls throughout the year.  It would be nice to finish Gathering Honey too because that is for a friend.  I think the JE Faces will continue into next year though.

The Gifted Gorgeousness SAL's first monthly sign up was a great success and I have visited everyone who linked up now.  I had so many page views for that post and also my 7000th comment!  The lovely Gillie left that comment and I have offered her first choice of my finished charts later this year.  My intention is to finish a few of the smalls and have a giveaway, possibly on my Blogaversary in April.  So Gillie will get first dibs and then whoever enters!

Finally, I will be hosting the annual Valentine's Day Blog Hop this year.  See this post for more details.  Just send me a photo of your lovely stitching to be sent to another blogger on Valentine's Day,  I've added the Heart to my sidebar, please feel free to copy it onto your blog to link back here.


30 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I think I like Marley better over one. Can't wait to see it finished.

Felicia said...

Lovely stitching and cannot wait to join in for the Valentine's hop!

Emma/Itzy said...

More great projects :) x

jocondine said...

I love that great challenge, stitching each day a different work, hats off !
I'd like to look at your work basket, must be a container.
(It's time to see the link to you in my last post) xxxx ;)

Julie said...

I do like gathering honey, it's gorgeous.

Kerryp77 said...

Great progress Jo, I love gathering honey and the winter typography.

Gillie said...

Well done you! Love from the lovely Gillie, lol, who is very excited at getting first dibs!

Unknown said...

Fabulous stitching - love the gathering honey. Have a wonderful week of stitching.

Linda said...

I love all of the projects your working on Jo. Your making nice progress on them.

Linda

Deb said...

Love all the pieces you have started!

Caitlin D said...

Great stitching. Can't wait to see the finish on Winter Typography. I love it more each time you post a new pic.

Stitching Noni said...

I love your "Gathering Honey" and the Just Nan design... definitely my fav's of this round of stitching ... besides the JE one of course!
Looking forward to seeing more of these as the year progresses.
Hugs xx

Barbi said...

Oh! That Wintery Typography piece is gorgeous!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely starts, I'mnot surprised you've not been able to put them done - good luck in 2015 with lots to finish

Michelle said...

I love the Just Nan piece - stunning x

Leonore Winterer said...

Those are all really great projects - good thing you got to work on your WIPs for a little, too! I hope you'll get everything finished that you aim for this year :)

Christine said...

They are all looking good Jo, but the JN is definitely my favourite

Katie said...

All great stitching!

rosey175 said...

Ooo looking forward to the flowers blooming in Gathering Honey. That piece reminds me of a mini - Chatelaine. :D

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

I take my hat off to all stitchers doing the DUCJC2015! Love your Gathering Honey and Just Nan pieces, beautiful stitching as always!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! The Stitcher's Anon piece especially - very intriguing! :D

Kaisievic said...

You are doing so well, Jo, as you know I am attempting 59 starts (Linda made me!) but I am going to have to do them over three months not two. Sorry that I missed the Gifted Gorgeousness post this month but next month I will be there!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful starts, must be difficult when you get working on one, having to jump to the next.

Lili said...

Beautiful progress!!
Hugs,
Lili

Mii Stitch said...

I absolutely love the Just Nan project, beautiful!!

Kate said...

Terrific progress, Jo :-) Love the new start.

Mouse said...

oooo well done on the stitching front and keeping up with it all .. well done too to Gillie on her win ...
love mouse xxxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

A great selection and you've almost made it through the month!

Thoeria said...

Yikes! I can't believe all you ladies who have managed the 31 pieces for Jan!!
Can't decide which piece I like best :)

Sue said...

Lovely stitching, Jo. Gathering Honey-such a joy to stitch. Debbie was in my local needlework group , but sadly I never attended any events when she did so I didn't get to meet her in person. I regret that very much, she was a joy, and she is spoken of often in the group and remembered in such a fond, lovely way.