Translate

Sunday 26 November 2017

November WIPocalypse Finishing Styles

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings
Also linking up with 17 in '17

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  I have chosen my "17 in '17" which are the 17 projects I want to focus on this year.  You can see the full list on this page here.

As my finishes are mounting up, I have fewer projects to choose from and worked on the same three as last month plus one more.

That extra one was the Witches by Oberlin Samplers and a finish, as shown in my previous post.


Joan Elliot's 12 Days of Christmas was also in that post:


Next up was my spooky conversion of The Enchanted Alphabet by Lavender & Lace:

stitched on 32 count Tiger Lily Murano by Sparklies

The whole piece so far: 

Followed by Dracula's Bok Cover by Dam Good Crafts:

stitched on 32 count Amortentia Belfast from Chromatic Alchemy

Measi always sets up a discussion topic:

November - What finishing style have you never tried but would love to do?

I have tried quite a few different techniques apart from framing. 

I have made a lot of cubes recently:


Plenty of pillow ornies:


A rather ambitious Octagon Box:


Built my own House!

An exploding book:


As well as my favourite scrapbook finishes:


What do these all have in common?  Not a lot of sewing!  I like papercraft.  One finish I would like to try is a Printer's Tray with various sized apetures and I did see a video of a handmade journal which looked fun.  Or maybe Janet Brandt's Once Upon a Time Cabinet?



Finally, all the Advent Calendar emails were sent out this morning.  If you haven't had yours, please let me know and I'll check the address I sent it too.  Not long to go now!





16 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely projects Jo. I can send you some of mine to work on.

Linda

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Love your projects, but really love your finishes! I must start finishing some of the pieces I've made. Great job!

Mary said...

Your finishes are amazing, I love the birdhouse and octagon box. You must be thrilled that 12 days is almost there!! I love the Withes piece, you finished that one quickly also. I'm curious as to how you rotate what you work on, do you stitch on more than one project a day?

Lili said...

Beautiful stitching!
Love your cube! And that house is so pretty!!

Christine said...

You always do the most inspired finishing

Cathy said...

Everything is lovely. You always accomplish alot

Katie said...

I love all your projects and all your amazing finishing types. Just beautiful!!

Kate said...

The house is awesome! Your finishing is inspiring.

deb said...

You've accomplished *so much* this year! Love seeing all your progress and finishes. Enjoyed the selections of finishing techniques you've done - they're all lovely, but I'm completely fascinated by the exploding book!

Preeti said...

You have done variety of finishes. Looking forward to see what is next.

Brigitte said...

And again a lot of wonderful stitching. I always love to see your very special enchanted alphabet.
You have definitely tried a lot of finishing techniques, also very unusual ones like the exploding book. And lately I saw a you tube video about journaling which was very interesting. It's fantastic how creative people can be in this field. I'm sure you'd love doing these things as well.

OhSewCrafty said...

Jo, I love all you your creative finishing, especially the octagon box, darling house, and exploding book. Wow! Great stitching progress too, love Dracula and 12 days is so close!

Carol said...

My goodeness, Jo--do you ever sleep?! I am amazed at how much you accomplish in any given month! Your octagon box is especially impressive. That must have taken a long time to finish... Good luck on the 12 Days finish--you'll have a real beauty when that piece is done :)

Stitching Noni said...

Great progress for the month! Well done :o) Loving seeing 12 Days and that gorgeous Alphabet! The picture of the cabinet looks intriguing - would love to see you have a go at that!! :o)

Leonore Winterer said...

You are truly an inspiration when it comes to finishing - so many things I still need to try! You also did really good on your "17 in '17" list, I'm looking forward to seeing what you picked for next year :)

Julie said...

There's always something lovely to see you have created Jo, you have such a great imagination to a superb finish. I've just remembered I have one of those houses to start for Christmas ... better start it next year now as I've left it too late oops!